I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award by LilyShadowWriter, which is an award I’ve never heard of before, but am very glad and much obliged to be nominated for it anyhow! So thank you so very much for the nomination!!! ^_^
- Post award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 other bloggers who you think deserves the award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Ask 11 questions of your own to the bloggers you’ve nominated.
So here I go with my nominations…
1. The Insane Dubois Legacy by SimComix – This story has captivated me from the start and I find myself searching for new updates every single week, LOL. I love the storytelling and you can really sense how the main characters are feeling in each generation. Definitely one of my favorite stories!
2. The Ouroboros Legacy by Simsl3gacies – Another one of my favorite stories! This story is NSFW, but I love the beautiful pictures and the story is quite funny. Definitely a lot different than from the other stories I’ve read and that’s what makes it so unique.
3. Echoes of Eternity by Late Knight Simmer – I have just really started on this story not too long ago and I absolutely love it! I love the descriptive writing and the expressions on the characters faces were captured beautifully.
4. Different Winters by LilyShadowWriter – She’s already on generation 5, so I admire her dedication, LOL. She’s a great writer and I really enjoy seeing her pictures and her lovely sims!
5. Another Life To Live by MsMidnightBlonde – Another story I just recently started reading, but this one is really great! She’s very detailed in her writing and her sims are very beautiful!
6. Big City by TotalSimmer518 – I’m new to this story as well and I’m already hooked! This is a great story with great pictures with a very nice plot! The main character is so pretty too! I can’t wait to see the next generation!
- Describe your typical writing process, including what you do to prepare to write and your editing process (if you have one). Usually, I like to write in first-person if the story I’m writing is a more serious one. If it’s just for play, I tend to write in third-person because there’s less work involved in those than my serious stories. I always prefer to write out an outline of what each chapter will be about, then work on any poses I need, go in game and take the pictures, and then I’ll write it all out before posting. It works for me. 🙂
- If you could turn any of your characters into real people, who would you transform and why? That’s a tough question! I really loved Corrina from generation one of The Life and Times of the Willows, but I think I’d rather bring her son, Max to life. There’s just this sweet aura about him that draws me to him. He’s so protective over the ones he loves and cares about the most and it really says a lot about his character.
- What is your favorite aspect of The Sims? What keeps you playing it? It’s funny because before Sims 3 came out, I was dead set on Sims 2, but I somehow got sucked into playing Sims 3 and now I’m dead set on that one! I would say my favorite aspect on Sims 3 would be the many types of age groups there are and the fact that you can do so much with them all within each expansion pack. What keeps me playing is that there are so many different ways you can play the game. It never gets old to me.
- If you could be miniaturized into a sim for a day, what in the game would you want to do? I would want to go to all of the lounges, dance clubs, and dive bars, hahaha! Just seems like so much fun in the game.
- Do you have friends in “real life” who are also simmers? If not, how much do you talk to your friends about the sims/your sims blog? I use to have a couple of friends who did play the game back when we were in high school when The Sims first came out, but they lost interest in it over time. I never did. I think because for a long while, I wasn’t able to play the game, so when I was finally able to, I became hooked all over again. Now, I only have one friend who plays it just as much as I do. We actually talk–well text more so–daily on the phone! We met on Tumblr and just clicked and eventually became best friends. 🙂
- Do you also write outside of The Sims? If so, what do you write? If not, why not? Yes, I write a lot outside of the Sims. I’ve been a writer since I can remember. I mainly write fictional stories just like I do with the Sims. I use to write more poems and song lyrics back when I was younger, but then switched to just solely short stories.
- What are you most proud of when it comes to your sim blog/your writing? Hmm, that’s a good question. I guess I’m more proud of my writing style when it comes to my blog. I’m not that great at Photoshopping my pictures, so I think my writing is the best aspect of my blog. I don’t know, haha.
- Do you have any regrets regarding your sim blog? Why, or why not? No regrets. I love my Sims blog. It’s apart of me and says who I am as a person.
- What are your favorite hobbies aside from The Sims? Writing, reading, other computer games, and spending time with my husband.
- For you, what is the most difficult part of writing and/or maintaining your sims blog? The most difficult part of writing for me is keeping the story interesting, I suppose. Sometimes, building up the storyline can get a little boring to some readers, so I try not to drag it along for too long. Also since real life tends to get in the way, I find it hard to update my blog, which isn’t as often as I would like for it to be.
- LOOK TO YOUR LEFT. The first object you see is about to come to life—how screwed are you? Eh, not that screwed…It’s just a cup of iced tea. 😛
My Questions To My Nominees:
- How long have you been playing the Sims? What made you start playing?
- Which version of the game is your most favorite?
- What is your writing style, and why did you choose that style to write your story?
- What inspired you to write your story?
- Which character out of your story is your most favorite? Why or why not?
- What is it about writing that you like the most?
- If you could be a Sim for a day, which of the in-game Sims would you be, and why?
- If you were a Sim, what would be your Lifetime Wish and which of the jobs/careers would you have?
- If you could change anything about the Sims to make your writing experience much easier, what would it be, and why?
- Do you create your own poses for your story or prefer to download them from other creators? Why or why not?
- Do you prefer to write out your chapters first before taking your pictures or do you prefer to take your pictures first and then write out your chapters? Why?